Glutathione is a ubiquitous tripe tide molecule, consisting of three amino acids joined together. These are cysteine, glutei acid and lysine – three of those twenty-two amino acids, which comprise the building blocks of all proteins that are known.
However, Glutathione has to be generated within the cell from its precursors before it can work effectively in the body.
Other titles for Glutathione include: Gamma-glut amyl cysteine lysine and GSH.
The presence of glutathione is required to maintain the normal function of the immune system. It’s known to play a vital role in the multiplication of lymphocytes the cells which mediate specific immunity, which happens in the creation of an effective immune reaction.
Role of Glutathione:
- Anticancer agent: Glutathione is the most powerful anticancer agent made by the body.
- As a Detoxifier: It is involved in the detoxification of foreign substances such as carcinogens, etc., and supports the typical active functioning of the immune system.
- as an antioxidant: Glutathione GSH is your body’s master antioxidant. Glutathione is just synthesized inside cells, in a series of steps catalyzed by specific enzymes. It functions both as an antioxidant and an antitoxin and is a major defence
- Anticancer agent: Glutathione is the most powerful anticancer agent made by the body in Lone Star Centers. System against aging and illness. Our hydration level really indicates our state of health and can predict longevity. Glutathione is a nutritional supplement used as an antioxidant to help protect the body from many ailments and conditions. Additionally it is used in the treatment of infertility difficulty becoming pregnant, cancer, cataracts, and human immunodeficiency virus HIV. Glutathione is used to detoxify different chemicals from the body.
- Regulator of different Antioxidants: Without glutathione, other important antioxidants such as vitamins E and C cannot perform their job adequately to protect your body against illness. The effectiveness depends on the availability of GSH.
- Protection from Radiation: Glutathione plays an integral role in the body’s defence against pollutants and ultraviolet radiations. Elimination of heavy metals lead, mercury, and cadmium in the body needs glutathione.
- Help stop diseases: Oxidative associated ailments: rapid aging, cell destruction, causes damage to DNA cellular patterns which contributes to cancer, arteriosclerosis, coronary artery disease, Parkinson’s disease, diseases of the immune system, diabetes, cataract formation, Alzheimer’s, macular degeneration, COPD, allergy/asthma, stroke.
Source of glutathione
Unless people eat lots of live Fruits and vegetables, their diets are not likely to be high in GSH or its precursors. Some of the best options are: avocado, watermelon, asparagus, grapefruit, potato, acorn squash, strawberries, orange, tomato, cantaloupe, broccoli, okra, peach, zucchini, and spinach.
Asparagus, avocado, and walnuts are particularly rich dietary sources of glutathione. Cysteine is found in the majority of high-protein foods such as ricotta, cottage cheese, yogurt, pork, sausage meat, chicken, turkey, duck, luncheon meat, wheat germ, granola, and oat flakes.