Battling obese has been a constant struggle. You might have tried different diet; exercises, got your blood tests done, but still nothing has helped. Crash dieting helped you lose weight but you put on more than you lost the minute you began eating regularly. Fret not! You are not alone.According to Ayurveda the Reason for weight gains is cyclical. It starts with the lifestyle and diet modifications that weaken the digestive fire, which raises the radicals, blocking the transport channels rotas and upsetting the process of tissue formation.Here are some simple easy to follow Hints which Ayurveda prescribes to shed weight without causing any unwanted effects.
- Sip on warm liquids throughout the day — Warm water, herbal teas, clear soups. However, make certain you have it an hour before and an hour after a meal. Otherwise, it is going to lessen the digestive fire and hence won’t aid in weight reduction.
- Find inner peace – Exercise mind relaxation techniques like yoga or meditation that will decrease anxiety — one of the essential causes of weight gain. Repeat this for 5-10 minutes daily. Additionally, it gives clarity to our ideas, which makes us better decision makers.
- Exercise regularly — Ayurveda recommends Surya namaskar or sun salutation since it is a combination of 12 different yoga poses for general health and wellbeing. Shoes such as tricones, veerabhadrasan, Purvottanasana, boat pose and bridge pose can help you drop the flab and get back in shape. Ideally, it is advisable to do 45-60 minutes of exercise daily. But even 30 minutes will do.
- Taste things – Foods which taste bitter gourds, leafy vegetables, pungent chillies or astringent pomegranate seeds have a catabolic effect on the body and thus help in losing weight. Sweet, salty and sour foods are anabolic in nature and often make us put on weight.
- Eat – Consume seasonal fruits, veggies, carbohydrates and pulses. Mother Nature has planned our diet beautifully. For the hot summer months, we get water and carbohydrate rich melons that help us keep fresh and cool. For the cold winter months, we get root vegetables, fruits and seeds, heavier meat and cheeses which shield us from the cold. Similarly, we will need to choose foods wisely in spring and rainy season also.
Ayurveda says go to bed with the sun and rise with the sun, which will create natural cycle and rhythm. This ayurvedic treatment for weight loss may also prevent the creation of fat gain-causing hormones in our body. Additionally, it is extremely important to limit screen time before we hit the mattress which would stimulate our mind. Early to bed, early to rise — leaves an individual, healthy, wealthy and wise. Try to go to bed before 10 pm every day.